Sunday's with Rev.Kim on Breath of Life

Sunday, August 19, 2012




Sunday's with Kim on Breath of Life is a new feature that I will be posting here at Breath of Life.

Welcome to my new feature. It's my prayer that you will be encouraged and blessed by following and becoming involved in this journey to love the Lord and His word.

I invite you to visit often. The Welcome mat is always here, as my ideas, insights from Gods word is blogged as often as I can.
Rev. Kim



God's Protection and Guidance
 Matthew 2:1-23
The story told thru out this chapter in Matthew tells about the Wise Men visited baby Jesus, Mary and Joseph moves to Jesus to Egypt because of a warning from them, Herod kills the baby boys.. and then Joseph and Mary go back Bethlehem. 

But let us go back to the Old Testament and read Micah 5:2-5a

But you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, though you are too small to be among the army groups from Judah, from you will come one who will rule Israel for me. 
He comes from very old times, from days long ago."
The Lord will give up his people until the one who is having a baby gives birth; then the rest of his relatives will return to the people of Israel. 
At that time the ruler of Israel will stand and take care of his people with the Lord's strength and with the power of the name of the Lord his God. 
The Israelites will live in safety, because his greatness will reach all over the earth. 
He will bring peace. 

Thoughts
 Down thru history the has been testimony after testimony in the Bible as well as people that we might even know, how God has lead His people. How when He talked, people listened and was kept from harm or was given a blessing that they needed. 

I know that even in my own life I could tell my own testimonies of how God lead me. One in particular, is when I had left Fl. to go up to N. C.. I decided to go up the coast which was great. The scenery was beautiful. I was trying to get up north to meet our son when he got back from Iraq. But half way up it started raining. Bad! Had to even take a detour because of a road closing due to flooding. Wow I was getting nerves. About that time I heard something say "you need to eat." I was like naa. not right now its pouring the rain. Then I heard it again, like someone was sitting right beside me and said "You need to pull over and stop for something to eat now."  So I said okay.. and right there was a small restaurant, I pulled in and ate. All of about half hour. When I pull back out, not even 5 miles down the road there was a bad accident. A deer had run out in front of a vehicle ( like mine) and had busted the windshield and a leg had went thru it hit the passenger. The driver had went off the road and hit a pole also. Was told no one died but very serious. You talk about Praising the Lord!! Yea you bet I did right there. Felt bad for them, but was told about the time of the accident and said if I had not pulled over when I did it could have been me... 

So yes God does lead and protect. But we have to be willing to hear and do what ever He says. 

What about you? Do you have a testimony or know of someone who does? I would love to hear about it. Please leave me a comment and tell us about it. 

Thanks for stopping by and spending Sunday with Rev. Kim on Breath of Life.

Have a wonderful week in the Lord!
Rev. Kim  



  

2 comments:

Beloved said...

Kim,
I wrote recently about refusing to yielding a blessed day. It was only God's Grace that kept me calm and centered on Him while every brand of craziness seemed to be coming at me. I remind my children that optimism is not about what happens to you, it is about how you deal with what comes. God seems always to lay a mantle of calm clarity over me when I need it most, and for that I am deeply grateful to Him.
Great feature.
God's peace and good to you.

Kim Justice said...

That is great Beloved. Thanks for comment/testimony. God is so Good...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...