Book Review: Rosie and Scamper by Vicki Watson

Thursday, August 9, 2012



Title: Sonrise Stable: Rosie and Scamper
Author: Vicki Watson
Category: Children's 
Pub. Date: 02/24/2012
Publisher: ChristianCowgirl.net 
Format: Paperback
Pages: 147

ISBN#: 0984724206

 Synopsis:
While learning to ride at Sonrise Stable, eight-year-old Rosie dreams of the horse shows she will win with her pony, Jet. Two years later, nothing is exactly the way Rosie planned it-she's riding a new pony, Scamper, and learning that life isn't always easy. But it's as Rosie reaches out to the new girl next door that she truly begins to see that God works all things together for good in our lives. Rosie and Scamper is the first book in the Sonrise Stable series, heartwarming stories of an extended homeschooling family as they live, learn, and love together. Mixing adventure, life lessons, and realistic horse experiences, the series is a must for readers who enjoy family values, Christian faith, and, of course, horses!



My Review: 
If you know of a young person who, horses, cowgirls, and boys, Biblical principals are something they love, to read about. will this is a book for them. It had been awhile since I had read a chapter book for children so this was an experience for me. At the time I received this book I thought I would read it to my grandkids but that did not get to happen. I will however pass it on to them and let them pass it between them. 

 There was some good pictures as well as a good story line, although at times within the pages there felt like something was missing. I am no longer a young person but I have loved reading ever since I was able to read. I take in the two year time span and all but still felt as if there could have been some more filled in. 


undefined
 Rosie's learning about horses and faith and family was good. And I appreciate the faith aspect. But for Breath of Life rating due to the feeling lost at times, I am giving this book my Breath of Life Rating of:


Four Clock Rating!!!



Make sure you check out this great book the link is below, just click it!!!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...