Book Review: Eden's Root by Rachel Fisher

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Title: Eden's Root
Author: Rachel Fisher
Category: Dystopian
Pub. Date: 04/08/2012
Publisher:CreateSpace Independent Pub. Platform
Format: EBook
Pages: 376
ISBN#: 1469902109


Synopsis: 
The year is 2033 and the world hovers on the edge of explosion as unexplained crop deaths lead to severe global food shortages. In the United States, the Sickness is taking lives slowly, creeping its way into every family. Fi Kelly has already faced the Sickness in her own family, toughening her beyond her years. But a shocking confession from her dying father will push her toughness to its absolute limits. Saddled with an impossible secret and the mission of saving her little sister, Fi sets out to transform herself into the warrior that she must become to survive the coming collapse. Along the way, she will discover that evil can be accidental and that love can be intentional.



My Review:
I am really getting into reading more books within this genre, dystopian. And seems I am enjoying getting to know the authors and the characters with each book. 

With that being said, the book was no exception except for the fact that it took me some time to get through the first part of the book. Don't get me wrong, it was good. It took me a while to get through it, mainly because it was so drawn out. I couldn't get into it because of this.

This book is different than some of the other dystopian book that I have read due to the nature of why the world as we know it is coming to an end. Let's see how to put this. If people would not have been so, for lack of another word, GREEDY!! I mean that the earth was stripped and people reaped what they sewed so to speak. 

Fi is a great character and takes on a lot of burdens with in the pages of this book. Author Rachel Fisher is a great writer. Her plot and characters are great. Just wish that the first part of the book would have went a little faster. Because the second half was Awesome! 

But these are just my opinion and you need to check out this book for yourself. I will not give away any details of this book. I feel as a book blogger, you as a reader, need to read and make your own opinion. I feel that this book deserves to be READ!! 

 So due to the above I am giving this book a Breath of Life Rating of:

 Four Clock Rating!!


Make sure you check out this great book, the link is below, just click it!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...