Book Review: Growing GREAT KIDS by Kate Battistelli

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Title: Growing Great Kids
Author: Kate Battistelli
Category: Parenting
Pub. Date: 1/2/2012
Publisher: Charisma House
Format: Paperback
Pages: 240
ISBN #: 1616386541


Synopsis:
 Help your child become everything God made them to be

Successful adults don’t happen by accident. It takes wisdom to raise your children with a strong sense of their destiny in God and a deep knowledge of their gifts and callings.

In Growing Great Kids, Kate Battistelli shares what she and her husband, Mike, learned about parenting during the journey of raising their daughter—Dove Award–winning recording artist Francesca Battistelli. Using anecdotes to illustrate the insights she and her husband gained, she provides practical advice including:


How to dream God’s big dream for your child The value of humility and integrity How to interpret God’s seasons in a child’s life The power of a parent’s words, and more.
Using anecdotes to illustrate the insights she and her husband gained, she provides practical advice including:
  • How to dream God’s big dream for your child
  • The value of humility and integrity
  • How to interpret God’s seasons in a child’s life
  • The power of a parent’s words, and more




 My Review: 

First of all let me start with saying I totally agree with putting your kids in Gods hands, praying over and with them, and in helping (teaching) them to grow in their own walk with God. 

With that being said, this book takes you through steps in doing so. My children are already grown. But to me they are still my kids.  =]  I am not going to go in detail with this review. Kate Battistelli's writing of this book was inspiring. Some parts were a little tough for me just due to the fact as I said my kids are already adults. 

So on that note, I am giving this book a Breath of Life rating of:



 Four Clock Rating!!

Make sure you check out this great book the link is below, just click it!!!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...