On My Wishlist

Saturday, September 14, 2013

On My Wishlist is a Meme created by Book Chick City.
  
On My Wishlist is a weekly meme that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can more info here. (This post was inspired by the fab In My Mailbox by  Kristi at The Story Siren


 My on My Wishlist includes books that are older and already out, or brand new. Today I am bringing you Four books in a series, that I am dying to read and get for my book shelves.  
So lets see what we have here this week.. I well update when I get these books. There are so many that I decided to narrow it sown to just three this week.!  


FIELDS of CORN by SARAH PRICE 

Shana Slater doesn't realize that her life is about to change when she pulls into the Lapp farm in Leola, Pennsylvania, to inquire about renting a small apartment over a mule shed. Yet, the price is right and the rolling fields of corn present a peaceful place for her to retreat when she is not working in Lancaster, Pennsylvania.

Her curiosity about the Amish way of life is piqued when she befriends Emanuel Lapp, the son of her landlord. As she learns about the Amish through his eyes, she quickly realizes that the Amish way of life is more than just religion and a plain way of living. She also discovers that the more she learns, the more she is unexpectedly falling for much more than their plain and simple lifestyle. When two worlds collide, which will survive and at what cost?

Based in part on the author's experience living on an Amish farm, Fields of Corn presents a sweet and authentic love story.


 HILLS of WHEAT by SARAH PRICE 

Sylvia Lapp never would have suspected that when the stranger asked her for directions that her entire life would change. But when he shows up at the market and rescues her from dealing with the Englischer tourists, the wheels are in motion for more than just directions. In balancing her Amish roots with his English past, Sylvia learns more than she bargained for about the sins of worldliness.


 PASTURES of FAITH by SARAH PRICE  

Best-selling author of Amish Christian Romances, Sarah Price introduces readers to the world of the Amish in Fields of Corn, the first book in her Amish of Lancaster Series. Based in part on the author's real experiences living among the Amish, readers will get a glimpse into the lives of the Lapp family.
Daniel Lapp doesn't know what to make of the distant cousin from Ohio who is sent to live on his father's farm. But he does know that he isn't looking to settle down with anyone. He'd rather be left alone to work in the dairy barn and fields alongside his father. Yet, when Daniel begins to learn more about Rachel, he begins to see her in a different light and realizes that there is more to the quiet, stern cousin than meets the eye.


 VALLEY of HOPE by SARAH PRICE  

Samuel Lapp isn't ready to think about joining the Amish church yet. However, he's feeling the pressure from his family, community, and church. The harder they push, the more he rebels. Not even his pretty neighbor, Mary Ruth Smucker, can get Samuel to settle down into the Amish ways. Just when everyone has given up hope on Samuel, he finds himself learning more about the non-Amish way of life than he ever wanted to know. When he finds faith, will his struggles be over?


Alright, there you have it, On My Wishlist for this week! All of these are ones I am longing to read and have on my bookshelves. As I said up top if I get one of these precious books, I will come and let you know! Have a wonderful week of reading.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...