On My Wishlist

Saturday, September 7, 2013

On My Wishlist is a Meme created by Book Chick City.
  
On My Wishlist is a weekly meme that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can more info here. (This post was inspired by the fab In My Mailbox by  Kristi at The Story Siren


 My on My Wishlist includes books that are older and already out, or brand new. Today I am bringing you Two books that I am dying to read and get for my book shelves. One reason is that I read the first one in these series: INESCABABLE by NANCY MEHL and I would love to finish this set. I loved the first and I am sure the next two will be awesome as well. 
So lets see what we have here this week.. I well update when I get these books. There are so many that I decided to narrow it sown to just three this week.!  




Mennonite Romantic Suspense Sure to Thrill Readers
Gentle and unassuming Hope Kauffman has never been one to question or try to make changes. She quietly helps her father run Kingdom Quilts and has agreed to the betrothal her father arranged for her with the devout but shy Ebbie Miller.
Despite Hope's and other Kingdom residents' attempts to maintain the status quo, changes have already begun to stir in the small Mennonite town. The handsome and charismatic Jonathon Wiese is the leader of the move to reform, and when one of Kingdom's own is threatened by a mysterious outsider, Jonathon is one of the first to push for the town to arm itself. Hope's fiance, Ebbie, is at the forefront of those demanding the town stay true to its traditions of nonviolence.
When strange incidents around town result in outright attacks on several townspeople, Hope can't help but question what she's always been taught. As the town that's always stood so strong together is torn apart at the seams, Hope is caught between opposing sides, both represented by those she has come to care for. With tensions high and lives endangered by an unknown threat, Hope fears Kingdom can never survive in one piece.




Mystery, Romance, and Suspense Seamlessly Combined in a Mennonite Small-Town Setting
Callie Hoffman knows she has a good life in Kingdom, Kansas. She's thrilled to be engaged to Levi Housler, the new pastor of Kingdom Mennonite Church, and she spends her days working with her friend and soon-to-be sister-in-law, Lizzie Housler, at Cora's Cafe.
However, Callie's idyllic life is interrupted when a body is discovered on the road outside Kingdom and the deceased turns out to be a victim of a serial killer. As Washington County's new sheriff begins questioning Kingdom residents, Callie and the rest of the town are appalled at the prospect of a killer among them. The very reason Kingdom exists is to protect the people from the temptations and dangers of the outside world, but all the town founders' attempts to plan ahead couldn't prevent a threat like this.
Unsettled at this unforeseen danger, Callie is concerned when it appears Levi knows more than he's telling. Desperate to find answers for herself, Callie never expected that she'd have to face some of her own past's skeletons.
As Callie and the residents of Kingdom fear this danger for which they never planned, they must learn anew that only God knows the future and their trust must always lie in Him.


Alright, there you have it, On My Wishlist for this week! All of these are ones I am longing to read and have on my bookshelves. As I said up top if I get one of these precious books, I will come and let you know! Have a wonderful week of reading.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...