Book Blogger New Year's Challenge 2014: Day 13

Monday, January 13, 2014


Rachel over at Parajunkee is hosting what I believe is a awesome New Year’s Challenge. Click the Parajunkee above to check it out!

I do not usually like to voice or post something like this out into the blog world or else where. But I will try to do this as simple and not sound pushy about it. 



Alright, here I go. I have been blogging for almost three years and the only what some might say was a horror story was when I was asked to take down a post on a product that I was asked to write a review on. 

I did so but under very much of a heart broken, agitated state, just to get the whole thing to go away. I have not since then worked with the group since. I don't put them down or any thing. But I just don't chose to put myself back into that situation again. I felt as thou I was able to voice my opinion, but that there was suppose to also be a form like type of post as well. So in doing my post I was told that I copied my whole post from someone else. So I went in and changed the format and did the review my way and then was told that I needed to take that one down because I was being sarcastic about the product. Well if they had really read the first review they would have knew it that I used pretty much the same words. But that was okay. I just took the whole thing down and like I said have not worked with them since. 

There is my horror story, have you had one, give me a comment about it.  No names just the jest okay.

 

4 comments:

ParaJunkee said...

OH wow. that doesn't sound like a good situation at all. I wouldn't want to be a part of anything that restricted the way I post, or told me the "right way" to format my reviews. It is why I don't work with a lot of PR firms or Tour agencies. Good luck, and I'm glad it is over and done with. I would have just removed it, to make them go away...

Roberta R. said...

No, no and no. And though I don't know you personally, for some reason I'm finding it difficult to believe you were being sarcastic. Anyway, people who send you a book or a product whatsoever to be reviewed don't OWN you. Simple as that.

Kim Justice said...

Thanks for the feedback and support, ParaJunkee Roberta R. appreciate others views on things when not sure if handled the right way. Helps to know if you need to ask forgiveness or just hold your head up and go on.

Laura@BunnyTales said...

I'm over 40 and I still can't handle that kind of treatment! I've still got that little bit of me that always wants to scream and cry "why don't they like meeeee!" Always makes me feel so small and frustrated. I think you did the right thing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...