Sunday's with Rev. Kim

Sunday, August 25, 2013




Welcome to my feature. It's my prayer that you will be encouraged and blessed by following and becoming involved in this journey to love the Lord and His word.

I invite you to visit often. The Welcome mat is always here, as my ideas, insights from Gods word is blogged as often as I can.  Rev. Kim 




 Sunday's with Rev. Kim is a feature that I created here on Breath of Life.


"Blessed are they whose ways are blameless, who walk according to the law of the LORD."  Psalm 119:1
How do you develop or grow your Spiritual Life?

Praying for God's guidance in this area first and then do you start with making a planned out time to study/read the Bible? 

Do you have a regular Bible study outline you go by or do you pick your Bible up and start reading? 

Are you seeing yourself chasing after God or is He still trying to catch up with your time?


You may be wondering why the questions this morning. Well I recently was given the chance to read and review a wonderful, a Biblical guide to SPIRITUAL GROWTH AND PURPOSE, THE WORD BY STEPS by David M. Gutknecht. 

I have been, down through the years, given the chance to study other wonderful Bible studies. And LOVED them all!  Author David M. Gutknecht has so far completely lived up to my expectations in a study. 

We, I mean as Christian, God Fearing, leaders in a world where there is so much or many ways to study, need to be careful what we put into our body. Our body soul and mind should first and formost have direction from the LORD!  

In this day and time, satan is out to kill, steal and destroy God's children even more so because he knows that his time on this earth is coming to an end. So when you pick up what you might consider to be "Biblical Correct"...  Please don't take it on facevalue that it is.  Follow each and every thing you study, that your Bible backs it up.  I know that it probably doesn't sound right coming from a minister of the Lord. But let me add here that God's Word does say in: 



Mark 13:22 
For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect




When I teach or minister to others, I have always told them to PLEASE READ GODS WORD FOR YOURSELF!!!!  




An example of needing to know His word: I was ministering one Sunday night at our home church and I was preaching on Jonah and the Whale..   But on purpose I exchanged Jonah for Noah....  While we had been studying in Sunday School for about three weeks concerning reading and studying to show yourself approved I had indeed three weeks in a roll brought to their attention on reading and knowing God for yourself....   




All through my message, I kept referring to Noah and the Whale!!! Not one person mentioned or said anything at all during me speaking. (and let me say here, if they would have it would have been okay, because I was trying to get my point across.)  So while we were all standing in the foyer in the process of leaving, our Pastor quitely, while shaking my hand, asked me if I realized what I was saying???  I started smiling and he knew exactly what I was referring to. Then and only then when someone else over heard they all realized what I had done.... Scary,  this is a Bible story that is or has been taught every since I can remember, yet we sit by and really because we have all gone to church  all our lives we take or trust others to give us the Word of God!!!!  




HE WANTS A PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP WITH YOU!!!!! 

 I said this a few weeks ago, but I am going to add it here again... It is food for thought:

Some times we take our praying for granite. We do it out of habit. Or we do it because others around us are doing it.  This also goes to our studying His Word as well.

By doing so, we have placed our Lord and Savior on a shelf until we really really need Him. Then it is "Oh God, Please......"   Do you believe that He is pleased with us when we "USE Him that way? While reading these verses again today has brought me to realize that some times that is just the way I take Him.  

Starting today I will try my best Lord to remember Your prayer that You taught Your disciples and Respect, Revere, and be Reverent in my praying. Please Keep me Humble before You Lord. And even though I do not like repetitive in my prayers, I would like to during some time of my day start saying the Lord's Prayer and make sure that I have it written upon my heart.

Amen



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...