On My Wish List:

Saturday, April 11, 2015

On My Wishlist is a Meme created by Book Chick City.
  
On My Wishlist is a weekly meme that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can more info here. (This post was inspired by the fab In My Mailbox by  Kristi at The Story Siren)

 My on My Wishlist includes books that are older and already out, or brand new. Today I am bringing you Two books that I am dying to read and get for my book shelves.

So lets see what we have here this week.. I well update when I get these books.





This cookbook couldn't bend to the fast pace of our e-mail driven world. Like a slow Sunday pot roast, it had to simmer . . . culminating many months of conversation, writing, and Amish wisdom." --Kevin Williams
Part almanac, part cultural overview, part culinary calendar, The Amish Cook at Home is the harbinger of a new era in home cooking.
As the follow-up to Elizabeth Coblentz's The Amish Cook, The Amish Cook at Home by her daughter, Lovina Eicher and her editor and friend Kevin Williams introduces a new generation to Amish cooking and culture.
Structured around the four seasons, which heavily influence Amish life and cooking, The Amish Cook at Home offers recipes teaming with seasonal vegetables, fruits, and meat. Culinary traditions like Dandelion Jelly, Asparagus-Potato Soup, Chicken and Dumplings, and Concord Grape Streusel Pie are featured alongside Amish history, culture, and lore. Stories of Old Order days and glimpses into events like weddings, funerals, tax time, and the holidays are included, as well as anecdotes from Lovina's own family life shared with her husband Joe and their eight children.
The Amish Cook at Home offers a welcome return to nature and community that is centered on the family table.


 UNLOCKING The BIBLE Devotional by Colin S. Smith

Another devotional from the bestselling One Year line, "The One Year Unlocking the Bible Devotional" guides readers through the Bible story throughout the year. Pastor Colin Smith, who hosts the popular national radio program "Unlocking the Bible," is the perfect guide for highlighting the significance of the Bible's story for our everyday lives. This page-a-day devotional is the perfect gift for anyone on the go. 




Alright, there you have it, On My Wishlist for this week! All of these are ones I am longing to read and have on my bookshelves. As I said up top if I get one of these precious books, I will come and let you know! Have a wonderful week of reading.....











No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...