Author Interview: Liana-Melissa Allen

Monday, April 13, 2015



Hello gang, I am so excited to present to you here on Breath Of Life today a very awesome book and an amazing author!  I have author Liana-Melissa Allen with us for an interview!

I want to thank her for first being here today and for also allowing me to read and post my review of her Amazing Book, Donkey's Kite (A Horse Valley Adventure)

First just a bit about our Author:
 
 

LIANA-MELISSA ALLEN has always had a passion for reading, writing, drawing...and horses. She credits her love of reading to her dad, who read aloud to her every day when she was younger, making the characters come alive by using different voices and antics.
Liana-Melissa stresses the importance of reading, especially reading aloud to children. She is also a dedicated classical and jazz pianist, and continues to write and illustrate her books, including her children's book series titled "A Horse Valley Adventure"©2012.
Liana-Melissa lives in Southern California with her dad and two playful lutino budgies.




So with no further wait, here is the interview:

 

Well you are Welcome Author Liana-Melissa Allen, and so let's just get right into the interview.

What is your next project?

Another A Horse Valley Adventure book. I'm already starting a storyboard for it. I always like to draw out an outline for my next story.


What genre do you write and why?

I love writing about a fantasy world like Horse Valley because it’s innocent and childlike. It can be whatever I imagine it to be.


What is the last great book you’ve read?

Anne of Green Gables. I happened across it in Costco and was immediately captivated by the story and felt, like Anne says, that I had found “a kindred spirit”.


Any hobbies? Or name a quirky thing you’ve ever done?

With a super distracted brain like mine I tend to overwhelm myself with different interests that fascinate me for some reason. My hobbies involve magic tricks, collecting rocks and small figurines of dragons.

Also, a really quirky thing about me is that I get freaked out by spiders, but I can't kill them. So I have to spend a good amount of time coaxing them into a jar and putting them outside (or hurling them outside depending on the type of spider). This has led to some very amusing stories.


If there is one thing you want readers to remember about you, what would it be?

I feel that one of the most important things to hold onto in life is that childlike innocence we had as kids. Through this we can be more positive about life and about ourselves. I also feel strongly that being different is something that we should embrace. How amazing is it that every single person is unique? Just like every individual snowflake or grain of sand. 

Well that is the end of the interview here at Breath of Life with Liana-Melissa Allen, author of the series Horse Valley Adventures. Thanks again Liana-Melissa for being here with us and sharing somethings about you and the book. 

And make sure to check out my review here on Breath of Life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...