Book Review: PROWL by Amber Garza

Friday, June 8, 2012



Title: PROWL
Author: Amber Garza
Pub. Date:  January 20th 2012
Publisher: Createspace
Format:  Paperback
Pages:   216 pages
ISBN#  1467982172



  

 Book Description:

 Seventeen-year-old Mackenzie Smith is sent away to spend a boring summer at her grandma's. But then she meets Wesley. He tells her exactly what she wants to hear and has information about her past that no one else knows. It's almost like he can read her mind.

Only Wesley isn't who he seems.

By the time Mackenzie discovers his true identity it may be too late. She's in too deep and he won't let her go. Now Mackenzie must call on the strongest power of all in order to save her life.






My Review:

This book was filled with questions, heartache, angst, such mixed feelings. It took me back to when I was a teenage girl from a broken home myself. I knew who my mother was, knew her, but was not raised by her. 

Mackenzie's situation was different but still I remembered some of the questions and actually felt some of the angst that she goes through. 

Author Amber Garza's style of writing in this book was awesome. I read the book within a three day span. 

Her characters were believable, down to earth, also in to real life situations. Not to many people really believe in good and evil, God or Satan. Or that you have a choice to choose between the two. I do. 

Mackenzie being seventeen and feeling like she really doesn't have any one to turn to puts her into a situation that has her questioning what is real and what is not. If her father knew about her or not. Even if he did why didn't he care enough to know her at all. Then if that was not enough to handle being a teenager, she also has had to pretty much raise herself and now that she is older she is being shipped off to spend the summer with a grandmother that she hasn't seen in a long time. 

So since I was able to get into the story line right away, could not put it down, characters were believable I am going to give this book my breath of life rating of:






5 Clock Rating!


Make sure you check out this great book the link is below, just click it!!!


 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...