Book Review: The Legend of Lady Maclaoch by Becky Banks

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Title: The Legend of LADY MACLAOCH
Author: Becky Banks
Pub Date: May 27, 2011
Publisher: Ha'iku Press
Format: E-Book
Pages: 260
ISBN# 9780578075662



Book Description:
A legendary love, an unforgiving curse, and the discovery of a lifetime ...
Centuries ago a vengeful curse buried itself deep into the history of the MacLaoch clan and become a legendary tale told by all those not cursed by its words.

In present-day Scotland, the laird and chieftain of the MacLaoch clan is an ex-Royal Air Force fighter pilot who has been past the gates of hell and returned a changed man. Rowan MacLaoch does battle with wartime memories and a family curse that threaten to consume him—unaware that his life and that of the history of the clan will be changed forever by the arrival of an American woman.

Cole Baker, a feisty recent graduate of a master’s program, stumbles upon the ancient curse while researching her bloodlines. Moved by the history of the MacLaoch clan and the mystery of its chief, she digs into the legend that had been anything but quiet for centuries.

On their quest for answers, Cole and Rowan travel to places they have never before been and become witnesses to things they have never before fathomed. The legend—one started with blood—will end with more shed as its creator finally exacts her justice





My Review:
I have often dreamed of going to Ireland. Seeing the "little guys". I love hearing someone talk that is from Ireland. So when my daughter started telling me about this book and how the Author Becky Banks was so awesome, I just had to read this book myself.

I know it is set in present-day Scotland, and there is no "little guys" in it. But let me say this, there is a lot of real life, down to earth, suspense, love, hate, and mystery to boot. Author Becky Banks in my book is awesome as my daughter told me. Her character building and story line are so in-thralling that you are automatically within the pages yourself. And you feel everything that Cole Baker, as well as the other characters with in the pages are going through.

Cole finds herself trying to find out her family roots after. While doing so she is meet by some difficulty due to the miss spelling of Maclaoch name. Cole's search send this feisty American to Scotland. While she is not sure she is heading in the right way she still keeps going.

Becky Banks character Rowan MacLaoch is one you love to hate. There were times when I could have put my own arms around him to try and soften him up. Then there were times when I could have strangled him.

I am not one for history lessons as I have often said in some of my other reviews. But in trying to do research, Cole has made digging in to some of their family history fun.

So once again,  since I was able to get into the story line right away, could not put it down, characters were believable, and just plan fascinating. I am going to give this book my breath of life rating of:



5 Clock Rating!


Make sure you check out this great book the link is below, just click it!!! 





5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your rating system

Sage Adderley-Knox said...

Thanks for sharing this great review!

Mimi N said...

I love the accent too! Thanks for the good review!! Sounds like a good read!

Unknown said...

Interesting book, love the cover! I must add that your rating image it great!!

Beloved said...

This sounds like a fun escape read....might have to put it on my list.
Passing along a little karmablogger love...
Peace and good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...