Book Review: Deliver Me From Evil By Kathi Macias

Friday, December 2, 2011

Title: Deliver Me From Evil
Author: Kathi Macias           
Category: Christian - Fiction
Pub. Date: 09/05/2011
Publisher:New Hope Publisher
Pages: 320
ISBN#: 1596693061   




Synopsis: 
Deliver Me from Evil introduces readers to Mara, an eighteen-year-old girl who has been enslaved for nearly ten years, having been sold by her parents in Mexico and then smuggled across the border into San Diego where she was forced into sexual slavery. Readers will also meet 18-year-old, Bible-college-bound Jonathan and his 16-year-old sister, Leah, whose paths cross Mara’s and who become involved in her dramatic rescue.
Interwoven between the stories of Mara, Jonathan, and Leah is the heartbreaking story of another young woman in captivity in the Golden Triangle of Thailand, whose past life mysteriously connects to the young people in San Diego.

 My Review:

First just let me say that I was not sure that I was going to be able to read this novel. Why, well first of all I knew it was fiction, but it seems so real. Especially when you know that things like what has happened in this book really does happen. My heart was all over the place. I went from crying due to being angry, to crying due to feeling their pain. I wanted to reach out and just hold Mara... I wanted to roll up my sleeves and help Jonathan and his family. Not to mention taking a gun to some of the other characters. Kathi has really brought out some real issues and through her characters you are put into situations that takes you there.

Maria aka Mara, Maria was her birth name, but after she was sold by her parents to her Uncle Tio who changed it to Mara because it mean "bitter". Sold at a very young age and threw into a world of slavery. Yes I said Slavery, Human Trafficking.....   I could not imagine this happening to me by some unknown person,, but to know that your parents sold me and to be living with my uncle and he was the one doing this to me. Mara stays strong by hoping that one day.. one day...

Jonathan, well lets just say at first impression typical teenage boy. But once you get to know him you will see a whole different side. He will have a real talk with the Lord and make Him a big part of his life.. He will learn that God does have something for him and he wants to learn more. He also has an absolutely close relationship with his sister Leah. And their parents learn that to be true and are glad about it.

Kathi takes us into someone else life, Chanthra from Thailand, that is not connected but is also in the same life that Mara, and other girls and boys are in. Chanthra has issues with drug use as well, it is her way of escaping from the life she is in.

Deliver Me From Evil is a book that can take a lot out of you to read. It is a hard situation to just read but to also know that it could be happening in your own area. You are sure to be changed and charged to do something just like Jonathan and his family. If I knew that one of mine were out there... I am not sure what lengths I might go to get them back.

I loved how Kathi takes you back and forth from bad to good....  This way of writing is a great way of getting you more involved in different points of view. Kathi's characters are out so for surreal.


So due to the above I am giving this book a Breath of Life Rating of:


 Five Clock Rating!!


Make sure you check out this great book, the link is below, just click it!!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...