Book Review: How To Keep Your Joy by Paul Walker

Friday, December 16, 2011

Title: How To Keep Your Joy
Author: Paul Walker
Category: Bibliography/Inspirational
Pub. Date: 1/1977
Publisher: Thomas Nelson Publishers
Pages: Paperback, 208 pages
ISBN#:  0785272259



 
Synopsis: 
Do you want to have Joy even when life throws you its worst? Unflagging joy, the kind the apostle Paul experienced while in chains and prisons, can be yours, and this down-to-earth guide shows you how. Paul Walker explores the twelve key stresses--from difficult circumstances to low self-esteem to out-of-sync priorities--that threaten to steal your glad spirit. Then, backed by biblical and psychological principles, How to Keep Your Joy offers practical tips for combating those stresses with a life focused on God and His Word.


My Review:

This book is a book that I read several years ago. And so I thought I might bring this book up to you, my readers. Because some times during this time of year we go through tough times. We face hardships like loosing someone we love, by being separated from loved ones, or financial issues, etc.. So I thought this would be a good time to share my thoughts on a wonderful book that helped me personally through some tough times in my own life. 

This Author brings together all different reasons for loosing your joy. He gives you Biblical Scriptures to turn to. Teaches you what Joy.. really is. Where it truly comes from. How to transform your thinking and changing your vocabulary to help you get through really tough times. 

I had to look at how my own faith sometimes was even working against me. You may ask how could that be? Well sometimes growing up in a home of Christian Faith, and hearing different Preachers, Teachers, and even Songs.... can affect the way you believe. But when you truly get into Gods Word, the Bible, and pray for Gods True Meaning to His Word, you may learn that what you thought was scripture may not be. So therefore doing as I just wrote, by me getting to know God on a more personal level, praying... and reading His Word for myself. Getting or at least trying to put my own negative thoughts aside. Spending time with God, and letting Him show me that the things that I have went through in my life He could use them as stepping stones for growth.. 

 Author Paul Walker a true man of God and in writing this book he has given us tools to show us how to keep our joy. How to cope with tough times and hang tight leaning on God. So for those reasons:

So due to the above I am giving this book Breath of Life Rating of:





Five Clocks Rating!!






Make sure you check out this great book, the link is below, just click it!!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...