On My Wishlist

Saturday, January 21, 2012



On My Wishlist is a Meme hosted by Book Chick City.  

On My Wishlist is a weekly meme that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can find more info here. (This post was inspired by the fab In My Mailbox by Kristi at The Story Siren)

 My on My Wishlist includes books that are older and already out, or brand new. Today I am bringing 
you four books that I am dying to read and get for my book shelves. 

So lets see have here this week...  I well update when I get these books.  There are so many that I 
decided to narrow it sown to just four this week.!








Title: Guardian
Author: Gillian Joy
Publisher: lulu.com

Headstrong and determined, Hannah always knew that she would become the Guardian. What she didn't expect was that it would mean she would have to endure the agonising death of her mother first hand as their supernatural connection brings her to her knees, or that she could never be with the man she loved. Blond haired, blue eyed Gabriel was her handsome childhood friend, would circumstances prevent her from ever being able to explore her true feelings for him? Jesse, the dark alluring but incorrigible vampire would give anything to be with her, but as the guardian Hannah is forbidden to fall in love with the supernatural. With her life in turmoil over her conflicting emotions about Gabriel and Jesse and her frustration at being unable to exact revenge for her mother's horrific death, Hannah flees her life in an attempt to start over. But can we ever really escape from ourselves? Hannah must learn to reconcile her commitment to her family with her responsibility as the Guardian and her duty to her heart.






Title: The Hiding Place
Author: Corrie Ten Boom, John and Elizabeth Sherrill
Genre: Biographies & Memoirs, History
Publisher: Mass Market Paperback

 Corrie ten Boom was a woman admired the world over for her courage, her forgiveness, and her memorable faith. In World War II, she and her family risked their lives to help Jews escape the Nazis, and their reward was a trip to Hitler's concentration camps. But she survived and was released--as a result of a clerical error--and now shares the story of how faith triumphs over evil.

For thirty-five years Corrie's dramatic life story, full of timeless virtues, has prepared readers to face their own futures with faith, relying on God's love to overcome, heal, and restore. Now releasing in a thirty-fifth anniversary edition for a new generation of readers, The Hiding Place tells the riveting story of how a middle-aged Dutch watchmaker became a heroine of the Resistance, a survivor of Hitler's death camps, and one of the most remarkable evangelists of the twentieth century.




 Alright, there you have it, On My Wishlist for this week! All of these are ones I am longing to read and have on my bookshelves. As I said up top if I get one of these precious books, I will come and let you know! Have a wonderful week of reading.....  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...