Review: Book of Samuel by James Robinson Jr.

Monday, June 10, 2013




Title: Book of Samuel 
Author: James Robinson Jr
Format: Ebook



Stranded in the Savannah, Georgia Airport after a family wedding, Dr. Samuel Johnson—a Gynecologist—his wife and his parents confront their family emotional baggage even as their Louis Vitton luggage makes its way to the families final destination. During his eight-hour layover in Savannah, Samuel discovers the painful secrets that mull his father’s past, suffers through the erratic behavior of his mother, and even his lovely even-keeled wife has acquired an inexplicably hard edge. He is also forced to confront the fact that he has grown weary of his all-consuming medical practice and longs for another life. As tensions rise, more and more secrets are revealed as the airport becomes the family’s battleground. Can Samuel find a way to make things right? Book of Samuel is a novella. I'm currently working on the next installment of the Johnson Family Chronicles.




My Review: 

Book of Samuel is a very touching story about family and love.  It is a book that will touch your heart as you read it.

The characters that author James Robinson, Jr. has created for this novella will make you smile and laugh but can also make you think of things you have taken for granted as well.  This story made me laugh at times and think about life at others.  I really enjoyed reading this short story.  I really love how real and flawed these characters are in this book.  Which of course make us, the readers, connect with them each in a different way.

This book is a quick read, it really only took me about two hours to read it and I would reread if I got the chance.  I would recommend it.


My Rating: 

So due to the above I would give this Novella a:


Five Clock Rating! 

Disclosure: I did receive this book for my honest opinion and review. But these opinions are my own and yours may differ.  


___________________________________________





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...