Book Review: THE HUNGER GAMES by Suzanne Collins

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Title: THE HUNGER GAMES
Author: Suzanne Collins
Category:  Young Adult
Pub. Date:  10/31/2008
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Format: Paper Back
Pages: 374
ISBN#: 0439023483

Synopsis:
 Could you survive on your own, in the wild, with everyone out to make sure you don't live to see the morning?

In the ruins of a place once known as North America lies the nation of Panem, a shining Capitol surrounded by twelve outlying districts. The Capitol is harsh and cruel and keeps the districts in line by forcing them all to send one boy and one girl between the ages of twelve and eighteen to participate in the annual Hunger Games, a fight to the death on live TV.

Sixteen-year-old Katniss Everdeen, who lives alone with her mother and younger sister, regards it as a death sentence when she steps forward to take her sister’s place in the Games. But Katniss has been close to dead before—and survival, for her, is second nature. Without really meaning to, she becomes a contender. But if she is to win, she will have to start making choices that will weigh survival against humanity and life against love.






My Review:  

I am going to start my review with the fact that this was one of my first books of this kind. I was kinda of amazed that I really liked it.

Author Suzanne Collins is an amazing writer. The descriptions, characters and the things that happened in this book caught my attention and held it from the beginning to the end. Could not wait to get my hands on the next book. I actually went out that evening late, which is something I do not do and went to Wal-Mart and bought Catching Fire and Mocking Jay. Did not want to wait.

If you have read this one, tell me:
Why does Katniss need to make her face "an indifferent mask" and be careful what she says in public?

Katniss's relationship between Gale and Prim and with her mother is really interesting. She is just a kind of daughter any one would be proud of.

I do not want to give any thing away. So I am not going to get into much of the book. But to know that you well be on camera always as a tribute would be crazy for me. Then the games, wow is all I will say here. You need to really read. Just imagine if this really could take place, what or how would you feel?

This book was my own. And this is my honest opinion of the book and Author.

So for the reasons above. I am giving this book my Breath of Life rating of:


 *The image above came from We Heart It!*  



 FIVE CLOCK RATING!!!


Make sure you check out this great book the link is below, just click it!!!





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...