Book Review: Something Old by Dianne Christner

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Title:  SOMETHING OLD

Author:  Dianne Christner

Category: Christian/Romance/Inspirational

Pub. Date: 08/01/2011

Publisher: Barbour Books
Format: Paperback
Pages: 320

ISBN#: 978-1-61626-231-0


 Synopsis:
 Travel to Plain City, Ohio, to witness the Mennonite and English culture clash. As Katy Yoder accepts a new job and struggles to define her place in the world, childhood friends and a past romance get in the way. Even when her friends try to help her change her judgmental attitude, Katy is certain that seeing things as black and white is the only way to please God. But as love softens her heart, slowly shades of gray seep into her world, and she discovers the right answer isn’t always the easiest one.

My Review:
At first was not to sure rather or not I could get into this book. Yet the more I read the more I was able to see myself in Katy Yoder. A sheltered, naive, black and white, conservative lifestyle. I Could Not Put It Down. Read it in two days.

Was brought up in an old fashioned Christian home. So reading about Katy's way of believing in only black and white with no gray hit home with me. The plans as a young girl, the temptations as a young lady, the changes in life and how Katy and her friends, and family, not to mention Jake handles them, enthralls you into the story.

This was my first book by Dianne Christner, can not wait to read more.


So due to the above I am giving this book a Breath of Life Rating of:



 Five Clock Rating!!!


Make sure you check out this great book, the link is below, just click it!!! 



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...