Sunday's with Rev. Kim

Sunday, May 26, 2013




Welcome to my feature. It's my prayer that you will be encouraged and blessed by following and becoming involved in this journey to love the Lord and His word.

I invite you to visit often. The Welcome mat is always here, as my ideas, insights from Gods word is blogged as often as I can.  Rev. Kim 




 Sunday's with Rev. Kim is a feature that I created here on Breath of Life.



How Do We Pray?   

After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10 Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
11 Give us this day our daily bread.
12 And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
13 And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever. Amen.
( Matthew 6:9 - 13 )

 

How should we or even do we Pray?
Jesus' disciples questioned Him about how to pray. So when He was asked He told them in Matthew chapter 6 starting with verse 9 that we are to pray to Our Father. 

How do you talk to your earthly father? While growing up my Father was there for me. He brought me up in church and at the age of seven I asked Jesus into my heart. Yes I was young but I knew that He was calling me to live for Him. At night I would listen to my Grandma Cox pray and not just why or when or even how long, but to how she would talk to God just like He was sitting there beside her in the room. She would tell Him what was going on and who needed things or healing. And if she was concerned about certain things. She taught me how to come before the Lord boldly but humbly, and respectfully. That the line between me and God was as close as I would make it. 

In other words, that my relationship between God and I was up to me!

Then my Sunday School teacher (Barbara Garner) back then did a lesson on the "LORD'S PRAYER!" Wow what an awesome lesson. She showed us how to find it in the Bible in Matthew chapter 6 and starting with verse 9 thru 13. We all read it out loud together. Then we colored a lesson page to take home. And when class was done, she told us that if we could come back the next Sunday and say the Lord's Prayer by heart she would have a nice prize for us. When we went out the door we all received a book marker with it on it. Mine also had a pair of praying hands on it. 

Some times we take our praying for granite. We do it out of habit. Or we do it because others around us are doing it. 

By doing so, we have placed our Lord and Savior on a shelf until we really really need Him. Then it is "Oh God, Please......"   Do you believe that He is pleased with us when we "USE Him that way? While reading these verses again today has brought me to realize that some times that is just the way I take Him.  

Starting today I will try my best Lord to remember Your prayer that You taught Your disciples and Respect, Revere, and be Reverent in my praying. Please Keep me Humble before You Lord. And even though I do not like repetitive in my prayers, I would like to during some time of my day start saying the Lord's Prayer and make sure that I have it written upon my heart.

Amen


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...