Author Interview with MAXINE KENNETH

Thursday, October 18, 2012


I am so excited today to have here at Breath of Life the author of SPY in a LITTLE BLACK DRESS author MAXINE KENNETH for an interview.

First of all would like to say Thanks Kim for having me here.

Well you are Welcome Maxine, so let's just get right into the interview.
      What inspired you to write "Spy in the Little Black Dress?
There is a letter in the Kennedy Library from a 21-year-old Jacqueline Bouvier to an editor at Vogue turning down a chance to work for the magazine, citing instead a possible job offer from the CIA.  When I found out about this letter, I had a flash of inspiration and instantaneously envisioned Jackie as a neophyte secret agent, traveling to Paris for a glamorous and dangerous assignment.  Really, the concept and the plot for the first book, Paris to Die For, coalesced in my head in about ten seconds.
       Tell us something about you that no one else knows?
Very few people know that I am related to Larry Fine of the Three Stooges.  I got the chance to meet him several times when I was a boy, and, if memory serves, he really acted a lot like the Larry you saw on screen.
      Do your characters talk to you, if so how? 
No, my characters talk to one another.  And they are kind enough to allow me to eavesdrop on their conversations.  For example, I have a scene between my heroine, Jackie Bouvier, and Ernest Hemingway that takes place on the flying bridge of his fishing boat, Pilar.  And I just allowed them to speak, and tried to record their urgent conversation as faithfully as possible.
       If you could only have one book for the rest of your life, or have all the books you want for one day, which would you choose?
I would choose one book, but it would be an e-book filled with all the books I wanted.  Is that a cheat?
        Please tell us how we can keep up with you and your books?
Well, you can follow me on twitter at @kensalikof.  You can also go to the book’s official website-- MaxineKenneth.com (http://www.hachettebookgroup.com/features/maxinekenneth/index.html).

Well that is the end of the interview here at Breath of Life with MAXINE KENNETH, author of SPY in a LITTLE BLACK DRESS. Thanks again Maxine for being here with us and sharing somethings about you and the book. 

Check out my review as well here. 

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...