On My Wishlist

Saturday, October 27, 2012


On My Wishlist is a Meme hosted by Book Chick City.
  
On My Wishlist is a weekly meme that allows us to share the books we haven't bought yet but are waiting to be bought and devoured. If you are anything like me then your wishlist is getting longer by the day! If you would like to take part and have your own 'On My Wishlist' post then you can more info here. (This post was inspired by the fab In My Mailbox by  Kristi at The Story Siren

 My on My Wishlist includes books that are older and already out, or brand new. Today I am bringing you four books that I am dying to read and get for my book shelves.  
So lets see what we have here this week.. I well update when I get these books. There are so many that I decided to narrow it sown to just four this week.! 




 
Everything by MARY DEMUTH
 Readers discover exactly what it takes to grow in Christ and become like Him.
"I don't write this book as a condemnation or as a sermon. The last thing I want to do is provide a 'how to be the best Christian in ten easy steps' guide. I pen these words as a fellow struggler who is learning that what we think about God matters, how we allow Him to reign in our hearts matters, and how we obey Him in the moment matters. It "all" matters. Everything."
Author and speaker Mary DeMuth has been abused, foreclosed, abandoned, and betrayed. She has been pressed and drained till it was too much . . .
But it was just enough to bring her to a place of surrender, piece by precious piece. In that surrender, she found the freedom of giving "everything" to God. And through Scripture, community, and the work of the Holy Spirit, she gives it all over again, every day.
In this gentle "and" challenging book, DeMuth describes the process and the nuances that shape us to be more like Christ. Her words are clear, vulnerable, and thought provoking, and every chapter is infused with Scripture.
Most of all, DeMuth provides personal and practical evidence that there is no greater pursuit than Christ. We must surrender everything, but it does not compare to the "Everything" He is, the "Everything" He gives.

___________________________________


 
RISE OF THE MAGI by RANDY BLACKWELL
An epic battle looms as Omar, Myles, and Kasey train a new breed of Magi for war!
Omar Metzger, earth's most brilliant scientist, is in a race against time to find his sister in another dimension before she dies in a coma. He has one week before his funding is cut so without hesitation he enters a portal to an unknown world to prove his findings and hopefully save his sister.
Myles Callaghan, an illusionist con-artist, has bitten off more than he can chew, swindling a Mafia Don out of several million dollars. On the run, Myles goes much further than he could have imagined. He encounters Omar on Musterion, and they form the Order of the Magi.
Kasey is a hired assassin with orders to assassinate the Israeli Prime Minister. Betrayed, Kasey must escape before she is captured. As she crosses an archway in the Prime Minister's basement she realizes she has crossed much more than the threshold of a door--rather a portal.
As these three unlikely companions join forces on Musterion, they must find their way through an ever changing maze, fight their inner demons, and then escape to a new world, Soterion, before the forces of evil close in on them. There Kasey is given a sword that was once a Bible on earth. They must take the sword to a carpenter but the Great Red Dragon tries to prevent them. Rise of the Magi is filled with battle action, steampunk fantasy, and a touch of romance, It's an epic tale of their search for truth and ultimately redemption. Book One in the Forgotten Portals Trilogy. FICTION / Christian / Fantasy
"Great story, great characters, great universe! The clash of civilizations, old and new, and mix of ancient cultures and ancient hi-tech flavor is wonderful. Rise of the Magi is much more in depth and "steam punk" like than I imagined. My first impression was that the world was going to be too similar to other fantasy worlds but it is very unique. I love the parallel universe and multi-dimensional elements; they are brilliant.
The fact that I'm so passionate with my opinions about this story only proves how moving and fresh it really is. There is no question that this story and universe is movie and video game worthy.
Congrats Randy, you wrote a wonderful story!"
~Jamie Wiggs
Game Designer
(Squaresoft, Microsoft, EA Games)
Works including: Middle Earth 1 and 2, Shadows of Mordor





Alright, there you have it, On My Wishlist for this week! All of these are ones I am longing to read and have on my bookshelves. As I said up top if I get one of these precious books, I will come and let you know! Have a wonderful week of reading.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...